Zotonic has built-in support for HTTPS and TLS (previously SSL) certificate handling.
All sites share a single TLS port using Server Name Indication for virtual hosting and certificate selection.
The following guides are useful:
- Running on Port 80 and Port 443
- Let connect to the default https (443) and http (80) ports.
- Port configurations
- Configure all Zotonic listen ports, depending on your server configuration and proxy usage.
- Proxying Zotonic with nginx
- If you want to use nginx as a terminating proxy for SSL connections.
- Automatically fetch free SSL certificates from Let’s Encrypt.
- Use SSL certificates obtained from a Certificate Authority.